The Academic Council is the statutory body appointed by the Governing Body to assist the Institute with planning, co-ordination, development and implementation of its educational work, as well as promoting and maintaining good academic standards and procedures in all its activities.
Five committees carry out the work of the Academic Council as follows:
- Research & Innovation Committee
- Planning & Co-ordination Committee
- Learning, Teaching & Assessment Committee
- Academic Processes Committee
- Collaborative Provision Committee
- Technological University Transition