Certificate in Lean Sigma Quality (Six Sigma Green Belt) (Online)
(Course updated to include lectures on Minitab - the industry leading six sigma statistical software.)
Enroll in Ireland's largest, most popular and award-winning online Lean Six Sigma green belt programme. This certification is in great demand by employers across all sectors in either medical device manufacturing, pharmaceutical, healthcare or service sectors. The Six Sigma Green Belt course provides participants with enhanced problem-solving skills, using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) model and it is now the foremost process improvement approach for organisations that wish to attain world-class performance in quality and customer satisfaction.
The course is suitable for all levels, from supervisor and technician through to engineering and management. The course content is aligned with both the ASQ and Quality America body of knowledge for the Six Sigma green belt.
Ten reasons to enrol on the IT Sligo Green Belt course
- Ireland’s largest online accredited Green Belt programme with participants from leading multinational and local employers.
- Study anytime, anywhere. The course is delivered 100% online with weekly live and recorded lectures. Attendance is only required once in May each year for an exam at one of our centres in Sligo, Dublin or Cork.
- Accredited by Quality Qualifications Ireland (QQI) – 15 credits at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Internationally recognised – option of taking an additional American Society for Quality (ASQ) or Quality America Green Belt certification. *
- Delivered by National Teaching Expert award-winning lecturers with industry experience. The IT Sligo lecturers have delivered online Lean Six Sigma courses to over 10,000 participants in 50 countries worldwide.
- Course content includes industry examples from medical device, pharma, food, manufacturing, healthcare and service sectors.
- Over 250 practice questions and online quizzes included in the course.
- Course recently updated to include Minitab – the Six Sigma statistical analysis software used by many leading employers.
- Participants undertake a work-based project to allow the use of the Six Sigma tools in the workplace. An IT Sligo supervisor is assigned to each student to support them during the project. (A simulated project option is available for those unable to complete a work-based project.)
- Typical savings to the organisation from each Green Belt project is €15K (annualised).
This programme is funded under the Springboard initiative. Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020. If you are unemployed, you may be entitled to free fees for this programme under this initiative. If this programme is funded you will find it and be able to submit an application on the Springboard site at www.springboardcourses.ie
Download Brochure (PDF) about this course
For Applicants commencing the course in September 2019
- Six Sigma 1: Sep-Dec 2019
- Six Sigma 2: Jan - May 2020
- Six Sigma 3 (Project): Jan - May 2020
For Applicants commencing the course in January 2020
- Six Sigma 2: Jan - May 2020
- Six Sigma 1: Sep-Dec 2020
- Six Sigma 3 (Project): Jan - May 2021
Application Closing Date : 31st August 2020
|Mech. and Electronic Eng.||Special Purpose Award|
Applicants are expected to have passed Leaving Certificate or equivalent in maths due to the Statistics covered in the course syllabus. It is preferable that you would be in a position to complete a Six Sigma Green Belt project with your employer. If you are unable to complete a work-based project, a simulated Lean Six Sigma project will be provided by your lecturer to allow you to use the Six Sigma tools and Minitab statistical analysis software.
The Green Belt certification is in great demand by employers across all sectors in the manufacturing, medical device, pharmaceutical, food, healthcare and service sectors. It is suitable for all levels within the organisation from operator to supervisor and technician through to engineering and management level. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will have the following skills:
- Project Management and the DMAIC process
- Quality Control tools (Lean & Six Sigma)
- Problem Solving tools
- Statistical data analysis
Obtaining your Six Sigma Green Belt certification opens doors for many career opportunities in the workplace. Check job listings for 'Green Belt' on any of the major job websites to see the variety of positions requiring this certification.
What subjects will I study?
Total €1500 - €500 per 5 credit module. There are three modules required to complete the course.
- Six Sigma 1 - Introduction to Lean Sigma Quality
- Six Sigma 2 - Statistical Control
- Six Sigma 3 (Project)
Your fees include full access to online course notes and online live lectures, access to Minitab statistical software and the IT Sligo library. A textbook (approx €35) will have to be purchased separately.
Note: If you wish to gain an optional additional ASQ or Quality America certification following the completion of your IT Sligo course, the exam preparation workshop and exam fees are paid directly to the external providers. They are NOT included in your IT Sligo fees. Further details are included on our FAQs.
IT Sligo offer Lean Sigma Quality (Green Belt) on the Springboard+ Programme. Applications open in May/June each year for September start. To check eligibility and apply visit: https://springboardcourses.ie/
Springboard+ Fees - FREE for those classified as unemployed. The Springboard fee for employed participants is €180.
IT Sligo is listed as a registered education and training provider on the Enterprise Ireland directory of Lean Start, Lean Plus and Lean Transform initiatives. IDA and Enterprise Ireland client companies can apply for funding for IT Sligo Six Sigma programmes under this initiative by contacting their respective EI or IDA client advisor. CLICK HERE