T Sligo is committed to providing high quality sport and recreation facilities. We endeavour to provide all students and staff of IT Sligo with the opportunity to participate in some form of sport and recreation in a quality environment.
Our new Multi-Purpose Centre provides state of the art sport and recreation facilities offering a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities.
IT Sligo Sports and Recreation consist of the following facilities:
- Multi Purpose Hall, (32.4m x 28m), capable of being sub-divided into smaller spaces, thereby facilitating simultaneous multi usage. Effectively there are two sports halls, each the size of a full basketball/indoor soccer court.
- Fitness Centre, with 32 stations of state of the art equipment.
- Social area providing food and beverage service and balcony views of playing pitches and athletics arena.
- Multi-purpose recreation space, offering group fitness classes.
- A 30m x 20m hall
- Snack-bar serving excellent food and beverage.
- Athletics Arena, 8 lane tartan track, championship standard.
- Soccer Pitch
- Gaelic Pitch, flood lit.
- Training pitches, flood lit.
- Ancillary changing facilities.
- To provide students and staff of IT, Sligo with the opportunity to participate in some form of sport and recreation while catering for the requirements of the academic schedules.
- To provide the very best sports facilities where our athletes and teams can enhance their performance.
- To make the facilities available to the external community with an emphasis on children activity groups. Cultural and sports events are also welcome.
Students and staff at the Institute are encouraged to set aside time for regular exercise as this improves a persons capacity to work and play and it’s a great way to meet new friends.