How to Apply?
International students who wish to apply for a full time programme at IT Sligo can make an application and upload all supporting documentation online here.
If you have an existing application and wish to upload supporting documents, you can do so here.
For the September intake, the closing dates for applications is 31 May.
International Tuition Fees
Full-Time Tuition Fees for new IT Sligo non-EU students from 2020/2021 are as follows (Students who commenced their studies in September 2018 or earlier follow the 2018/19 fee structure):
- Foundation / Undergraduate: €10,500
- Postgraduate: €11,500
For the academic year 2020/21 IT Sligo has decided to adopt a flexible approach to tuition fee payments;
a) Minimum payment of €6,000 upfront (in line with immigration requirements)
b) Balance to be paid on or before the start of Semester 2
IT Sligo Bursary Scholarships – Open to all non-EU Students
Country of Origin Scholarships
IT Sligo offers tuition fee scholarships to Non-EU students depending upon their country of origin – assuming they meet all academic and English language minimum entry criteria.
Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Countries with a GDP (per capita) of $10,000 (or less): 15%
- Countries with a GDP (per capita) of less than $20,000 but greater than $10,000: 10%
In all instances the determination of GDP figures for applicants to Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes at IT Sligo will be assessed through the most recently available statistics from the World Bank.
Continuation of Scholarships
Once a student has been awarded a country of origin scholarship, he / she can continue to avail of the scholarship during their time at IT Sligo, subject to the following condition(s):
- The scholarship will be awarded every year provided that the student successfully progresses in his / her programme of study with at least a 60% average in yearly examinations.
- If the student has to repeat attend OR repeat exams only, he / she will not qualify for a scholarships for that academic year.
- If the student successfully completes his / her repeat year, he / she can qualify for the scholarship again in subsequent years, provided his / her average is over 60%.
If a non-EU student progresses from an IT Sligo undergraduate programme to an IT Sligo postgraduate programme (satisfying all entry requirements of that programme), he or she will qualify for a scholarship to the value of 20% off the quoted fee for that postgraduate programme.
English Language Proficiency
As all lectures, tutorials and practical work are delivered through English, it is vitally important all incoming international students (who are not English native speakers) have the required standard on entry to ensure they gain maximum value from their time at IT Sligo.
Please see the table below for the required minimum English language proficiency score required for entry to IT Sligo. The English language test must be taken within two years from the date that you will commence your programme.
|DuoLingo English Test (2020/21 intake only)||90||100|